Featured Not resolved
1.5

On Sunday night 8/3/2017 at my home in Ossipee, NH. I offered my granddaughter a 'Golden Double Stuf Oreo' for dessert (purchased at Hannaford in Ossipee.

NH) When she bit into the cookie she found a plastic string coming out of the top layer of the cookie. Very unhealthy, disturbing, scary, unsafe...was thankful she didn't ingest this plastic string and have issues when she swallowed the cookie piece. Are these strings BPA safe? We have always had good experiences with Oreos and they have been a staple in my cupboard for many, many years of kids and grandkids.

We will be vigilant if I ever serve them again. Perhaps we should make others ware of possible issues? I am enclosing pictures we took of this plastic string. Eww...

My granddaughter's response to this event "I've always loved oreos and going to the store to buy them with my dad. I'm very disappointed." Do we need to send this piece of cookie for further proof?

Ann Olkkola and Caroline Olkkola 30 Walker Hill Rd. Ossipee, NH 03864 603-539-4072 olkkolaann@ yahoo.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Oreo Double Stuf Cookies.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Plastic String In Cookie

Comments

Today is 4/2/2018. I just found what looks to be a strand of white/grey hair in my Oreo cookie pie crust.

I called the company to complain and was told I would be reimbursed. If you would like to make a complaint, here's the phone number: 1-855-535-5648

get a life lol

i also got one today feb 2 2018 its vary nasty about this i will do something about this

"Do we need to send this piece of cookie for further proof?"

No. You need to stop buying that junk and proudly feeding it to multiple victims over a long period of time. Read the specs on the package ; the fat content alone should cause you to reel in horror.